Downtown Car Rentals
Sunday, 17th December 2017

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

1) How do I go about booking a rental car?

There are three medium for you to book a rental car:

  • Calling our RENTAL HOTLINE
    You may call our hotline at +65 6334-1700, stating the model of vehicle you are interested in renting and the period of intended rental. Our friendly Customer Relations team would then reserve the vehicle after requesting for your particulars.
  • E-Reservation
    Visit our website at and click on the reservation page. Fill in the required fields and click submit. Our Customer Relations team will call you back for confirmation after they have booked the vehicle.
  • In Person
    Walk-in to any of our Singapore rental offices located in 19 Lorong 8 Toa Payoh – Subaru Showroom or 913 Bukit Timah Road – Nissan Service Centre with your Identification Documents (Singapore NRIC for locals & PRs, Passport for foreigners) and Driver's Licence. Our friendly Customer Relations personnel will do the necessary for you.

2) What are the requirements needed to rent a car?

  • You must be aged between 25 and 62 years old.
  • You must possess a valid driving licence for at least 2 years.

3) What payment modes do you accept?

  • We prefer payment via credit cards (VISA, MASTERCARD & AMEX).

4) What is the minimum period for rental?

  • Minimum rental period is 1 day / 24 hours.

5) What happens if I cannot return the car on time?

We will give half an hour's grace period for the return, failing which we will charge $10 per hour (before GST) up to a maximum of 4 hours, after which one day rental charge (before GST) will be charged.

6) Can the car be driven into Malaysia?

The rental vehicle can be driven into Malaysia on the conditions that the intention to do so is communicated to our Customer Relations personnel at the point of collection of vehicle and the Malaysia Surcharge is paid.

7) Who do I contact if I encounter problems with my rental car?

You can call our 24 hours breakdown service hotline. The phone numbers of the breakdown service is printed on the road tax decal on the top left hand corner of the vehicle's front windscreen.

8) Do you have any delivery and collection service?

We provide chargeable Delivery and Collection service for our rental cars on a per trip basis and subject to availability of manpower.


  • "EXCESS" refers to the amount the hirer is liable to pay in the unfortunate event that the rental car is involved in an accident or the vehicle is damaged while in the possession of the hirer.
  • "COLLISION DAMGE WAIVER (CDW)" refers to the amount the hirer is required to pay if he wish to lower his "EXCESS".

10) Is it compulsory that I pay for the "CDW" and "EXCESS"?

  • Payment of "CDW" is optional. However, if the hirer opts not to pay for the "CDW", the amount of the "EXCESS" which he is liable will be doubled.
  • Payment of the "EXCESS" is compulsory if the rental vehicle is damaged or involved in an accident.

11) Are there any other additional charges?

The hirer may incur additional charges under the following circumstances:

  • The level of petrol at the time of returning the rental vehicle falls short of the level at the time of collection / checkout.
  • Due to the negligence of the hirer / driver, the Battery runs flat, Tyre(s) and /or Rim(s) are damaged.
  • Rental of GPS Navigation Device or Baby / Child Booster Seats.
  • Damages or missing item(s) from the vehicle.

12) What should I do if I am involved in an accident?

  • Inform us immediately of the accident by calling our breakdown hotline or rental hotline.
  • Take down the other party (parties) vehicle's registration number(s) and description.
  • Exchange particulars with all parties involved (eg. Name, NRIC / Passport numbers, contact numbers, etc).
  • Take down the location and time of accident.
  • File an accident report at the rental office within 24 hours, with your NRIC / Passport, driving licence, copy of Singapore Police report (if any), Malaysian Police report (if the accident occur in Malaysia).
  • Lodge a police report if the accident involves:
    - A government vehicle;
    - Damage to government property;
    - A foreign vehicle;
    - Pedestrian or cyclist;
    - Hit and run case;
    - An injury (regardless minor or serious or fatal)

If you require any other information or clarification or questions that are not answered above, please do not hesitate to call or email us. We would be glad to clear your doubts.